Monday, December 24, 2007

Week 31: Kvetch and Groan

It's week 31 of this pregnancy. Baby W is moving as much as ever, but Ema (that would be me) is slowing down big time. I am so full of awe and gratefulness for the health of this baby and pregnancy, but am more than a little tired, sore, and grumpy. Everything hurts. I've gained 25 pounds, and am supposed to keep gaining about a pound a week from now till the baby is born (and by the way, why do they say pregnancy lasts 9 months, when 40 weeks=TEN months??), and I can't imagine lugging around any more extra baggage. The only clothes that feel comfortable are sweats, and the only position I want to be in is in bed with my many pillows. Kvetch, kvetch, kvetch. Though I would never want to go backwards (I'd love for this baby to be just a little early!), I definitely miss the second trimester. We all do!

No comments: